In honor of National Sibling Day (today), a few of my siblings and I decided to bake a warm batch of Cinnamon Sugar Cookies.
We highly recommend this recipe for holidays, house-warmings, family gatherings, or just general consumption. Don’t forget to Box them up in cute cookie boxes if they’re a gift or arrange them on Plastic Serving Trays for your guests:
How To Bake Cinnamon Sugar Cookies Recipe
By April 10, 2012Published:
In honor of National Sibling Day (today), a few of my siblings and I decided to bake a warm batch of Cinnamon Sugar Cookies. My …
- 1 1/4 Cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon on a flat plate or a piece of wax paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In a medium bowl, cream butter with 1/4 cup white sugar and brown sugar. Mix in egg and vanilla. Add the sifted dry ingredients, and mix until well blended. Divide dough into 3 equal portions. Roll into logs 2 inches in diameter, wrap, and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours. These logs can be frozen for up to 6 weeks.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unwrap dough logs, and roll in the cinnamon mixture. Cut into 1/4 inch slices, and place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.