Our office hosted the building Christmas party tonight and it was a success. The theme this year, and the past 3 years (what? why fix what isn’t broken?) has been a wine potluck appetizer sprinkled with desserts. What type of company or building holiday parties do you guys host/attend? Please feel free to share!
The different appetizers our building neighbors brought consisted of taquitos, chicken wings, chips and dip, chicken and steak nachos, dips, veggies and dip and so many more. Desserts included adorable cupcakes, cookies and about 3 different types of pie. Our boss was very excited to finally bring in a dip he’s been raving about — him and a number of guests that have attended his other holiday parties.
The dip consists of different cheeses, chutney and onion, sprinkled with bacon bits. It’s similar to a seven layer dip in the sense that each bite carries you through different taste bud emotions-all good ones, I assure you. Pair the dip with appetizer crackers and enjoy!
Christmas Potluck Appetizer Cocktail Party Recipe
By December 12, 2012Published:
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 60 mins
A delightful dip made up on different cheeses, chutney, onions and bacon bits.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder optional
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1 jar mango chutney available at Trader Joe's
- 1/2 pound crumbed bacon bits
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning optional
- Mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Sherry together in a bowl.
- Spread mixture in a small glass pie dish. Spread Chutney on top of cream cheese mixture, and then add crumbed bacon.
- Sprinkle with an extra 1/3 cup of cheddar cheese, and finally top green onions.
- Bake in oven at 35o degrees for 30 minutes.