Spring is in full bloom, which means summer is not far behind. I can’t wait. The sun has already begun teasing us here in California. I know that isn’t saying much, but I promise warm days are upon us, everyone! Can you tell this is my favorite time of the year? It’s the best time to do almost every fun activity, particularly ones that involve children. Get excited with me!
- Ice Cream and Popsicles - they just taste better when the friendly sun is shining down on you or making you want to dive into a large body of water. Now we all know how popsicles melt a lot faster than a child can eat it, which equals wet, sticky hands and clothes. Try punching a hole in the center of a dessert plate to insert the popsicles. The plate will catch the mess!
- Picnics, Barbecues and Cookouts - Is there anything more relaxing than having a barbeque or a cookout to avoid cooking food inside? It is such a shame to be stuck inside when the weather outside is so beautiful and just begging for you to go outside to enjoy it. Besides, it’s the perfect time to catch up with family and friends.Try using beverage napkins to wrap around glasses or mason jars. It absorbs liquid on the glass and it looks super cute! Tie with a ribbon to hold them in place.
- Pool Parties! - Even if you don’t have a built-in pool at your home, there is always a friend coordinating pool events for the kiddos, or the community center. The kids are on vacation from school so any activity that gets them out of the house is a total outing for them!
- Vacation - is all I ever wanted! See? Even the word gets everyone in a great mood! You don’t have to go far to call it a vacation. A nice little weekend or day getaway can be so much fun and memorable. Just something to look forward to.
- Beach & Lake Days - Just pack the cooler with drinks, sandwiches, snacks and forget about the rest of the world for the day!