Okay I’m obsessed with carrot cake and carrot cupcakes and carrot everything probably. I came across a recipe for Halloween Carrot Pancakes in my Cooking Light magazine last week and I could not wait until I had a spare minute to make some for breakfast. Turns out, Halloween pancakes are perfect to start off your holiday! I really cannot recommend these enough to anyone wanting a celebrate their holiday from the very beginning…and I’m not even a breakfast-lover!
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour (you can sub for wheat if you’d like)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I took this out & they were still great!)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- Dash of ground cloves
- Dash of ground ginger
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups finely grated carrot
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened (these are for honey butter)
- 2 tablespoons honey
1. Mix the ingredients through ginger in a large bowl with a whisk. Slowly add in ingredients through eggs until the mixture is smooth. Add in the carrot. It may look like a ton of carrot, but trust me, you did nothing wrong!
2. In a large pan or skillet, spray cooking spray and add a large scoop of the batter. Flip over when you see bubbles. When the both sides are golden brown, they’re done!
3. In a small container or bowl, mix the butter and honey. Spread over pancakes and serve with your favorite breakfast sides. You will not be needing syrup.
4. Decorate for Halloween if you please or just enjoy!