We are almost exactly one week away from November, which is Peanut Butter Lovers Month! Although it may not be a widely known “celebration,” it is a fun opportunity to get together with the children and put together a few activities. Baking and cooking are always great hands-on projects.
A fun idea to honor Peanut Butter Lovers Month is to make home-made peanut butter. Whether you’re setting up for a few of your children or siblings, or a whole class, I would definitely suggest grabbing some plastic or paper table covers and disposable bowls. Distribute the plastic bowls among your students, and get ready to have some fun!
- 1½ cups unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- food processor (you’ll need help from your adult assistant)
- large bowl
- mixing spoon
- storage container
- measuring cups and spoons
- Mix the peanuts with the peanut oil and pour into the food processor.
- Process the blend until it’s very smooth.
- Store your smooth peanut butter in a sealed container in the fridge. It will be good for 2 weeks.